Thursday, September 17, 2015

Book Review: The Princess and the Pony

Rarely do I find the need to purchase children's picture books anymore.  My kids are both out of high school, and although I am hoping for grandchildren someday, that day probably won't be anytime in 2015.

But every once in a while, I come across a title that really needs to be purchased.

Yesterday, that title was Kate Beaton's The Princess and the Pony.

I have long been a fan of her collection Hark, A Vagrant (2011), which was a delightful mix of Canadian History, Literature, and more than a few strips featuring "Sexy Batman".

The Princess and the Pony focuses on a young warrior princess who desperately wants a warrior steed for her birthday and ends up with... ummm... The delightful little guy on the lower right-hand corner of the book cover.

The book is a wonderful look at gift giving, acceptance, and finding the value in things you may at first overlook.

Also there is farting, and my inner three-year-old boy found this incredibly hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment