Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Movie Review: Mad Max Fury Road

To be fair, I should mention that I am a little partial to post-apocalyptic stories.

I've read and seen a lot of them...

And a big part of my love of this stuff came from seeing two big movies in the 80s, The Terminator which showed in a few brief examples what the world could look like, and The Road Warrior, which showed a post-apocalyptic world in all its terrifying glory.

So I'm a little biased.

At the same time, they were switching up the star, and I've seen a whole lot of disappointing sequels, reboots and re-imaginings when it comes to my favourite genres over the last few years, so I went in a little cautiously...

This movie was pretty fantastic.

Yes it was a little light on story, and yes the dialogue is pretty minimal.

But oh my god did I love seeing this on the big screen.

The fact that almost 80E% of what you will end up seeing is crazy car and physical effects rather than CG makes this to be one of the most visually stunning things I've seen in a long long time.

Will it end up on my DVD/Blu-Ray shelves?  Yes, no question.

Should you see it on the big screen while you still can?

Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment