Sunday, December 14, 2014

Why you should be watching Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

In general, I'm pretty big on horror comedies.  Although I may not be an expert in the sub-genre, I would definitely say I'm a buff, or perhaps an enthusiast.  So when my friend Ron sent me a link to a blogpost a few months ago about Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, it quickly moved to the top of my "gotta see" list.

The show is a series within a series, being a fictional supernatural horror series from the 80s which has finally been released in 2004 (which is the actual year in which the series is released,  starring actors who are playing other actors and filmed using techniques, editing and music made to appear as if the show was created in the 80s).  The six episodes are interspersed with retrospective interviews from the cast (agin, actors playing the actors who are looking back at their time filming Darkplace), which are pretty darn great.

Yesterday Ron showed us the entire series and I cannot believe that 1) I haven't seen it before, and 2) It isn't available for Region 1 DVD or Blu-Ray players.  

Because this show is amazing, you need to see it, and if horror comedy is your bag, this show must be seen to be believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment