Saturday, May 3, 2014

Movie Review: Haunter

A few months ago a coworker suggested this might be a movie I enjoyed, so when I saw it at my local library, I decided to give it a shot.

So Haunter is one of those great little horror films that works best with audiences who don't really know what to expect from it; if you like scary films, it's definitely worth a watch and the less you know about the plot and premise the better.

On a scale of scary ranging from Goosebumps up to the genuinely creepy, get-under-your-skin films like Prince of Darkness, The Conjuring, or A Nightmare on Elm Street, Haunter sits quite nicely near the Goosebumps end, definitely scarier than those (although the stories featuring that creepy marionette still freak me out), but not so terrifying you're unlikely to sleep afterwards.

What it really is however, is a great little horror movie that I think both of my daughters would have loved as young teens - a performance by Abigail Breslin as the main character and a really intriguing concept kept the film surprisingly fresh for me.

Definitely worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment