Saturday, March 8, 2014

Movie Review: A Werewolf Boy

So this morning I sat down to watch the 2012 Korean fantasy/romance film A Werewolf Boy.  I had never heard of the film before, but my wife put it on hold at the library for me as she figured it might be something that I would like.

Boy was she right.

Set in 1965, he movie follows a young Korean girl, Soon-Yi (played by Bo-yeong Park) who has moved with her family out to the country, and her relationship with a feral boy called Chul-Soo.

Considering the fact that I tend to come to movies with the world "Werewolf" in the title with certain expectations, I was a little shocked to see that the film is really a study of the relationship between the two leads.  Which was great, by the way.

Considering I'd never even heard of the film before, it was exactly the kind of thing I love finding in film, a story that cares for its characters and a concept that promises to stay with the audience for a long time.

A wonderful film.

No comments:

Post a Comment