Saturday, February 1, 2014

Things I've Noticed: It's tough killing time before the next Song of Ice and Fire novel

Last year I read the five available novels of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series at the rate of one a month.  I took a couple breaks to spend a month watching season one and season two of the HBO adaption Game of Thrones, but even taking the time to read the connected novellas about Dunk and Egg, I reached the summer of 2013 entirely caught up on the series and hungry for more.

So I looked around and came across the book Beyond the Wall: Exploring George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, a book of essays on the series either examining concepts or how the series has been adapted into different forms.

So far I'm about halfway through the book, so it should last me until later this year.

Also I'll take a month off of reading the book to watch season 3 when it comes out on DVD, and this month I got to read the related short story "The Princess and the Queen", in the collection Dangerous Women

After that I'm kind of out of luck…

But so far I'm okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment