Saturday, July 6, 2013

Things I've Noticed: Information Technology for Learning


On Tuesday I started my twelfth course on the road to my Master of Library and Information Studies - a graduate level education course call Information Technology for Learning.

For the course, which lasts for the month of July, we're reading four books: The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains, The Virtual Self: How Our Digital Lives are Altering the World Around Us, Professional Learning Networks, and Reality is Broken: Why Games make us better and how they can change the world.

We'll spend the month discussing the texts and working out ways in which our digital world is affecting the ways people learn.  One unit in and I'm felling pretty good about it, and as I'm definitely interested in the topic personally, I'm thinking I'm really going to enjoy the work.

(Sorry in advance if my July posts get all introspective about the online world)

No comments:

Post a Comment