Friday, May 24, 2013

Things I've noticed: June will be tricky in terms of movies



As we are leaving May I've seen the two big theatre movies I was hoping to (Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness), but my plan to stick to two movies a month gets tricky in June.  

First up in June is This Is The End, which puts together a bunch of my favourite comedy actors, my love of apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic films and the distinct benefit that my wife might be up for checking it out with me.

Chances of me seeing this is theatres - 85% assuming we find a good time and location to check it out.
Next up is Man of Steel - on the plus side, my youngest daughter may be willing to see this with me, and I've enjoyed most of the versions of Superman I've come across (definitely loved the animated series - Superman IV: The Quest for Peace - not so much)
In the end I'm likely to give this one a shot.

Chances of me seeing this in theatres - 75% (but up to 80% if my daughter wants to come along)

Finally we come to World War Z.


On the plus side you have zombies, an apocalyptic setting and Brad Pitt wearing dad pants (at least in the poster - as a dad, I know of what I speak and tan cargo pants are nothing if not dad pants)

On the negative side, I haven't read the book, and I'm a little concerned with a PG-13 rating for a zombie film - not that I need a lot of blood and guts, after all I loved Warm Bodies, but I'm just not sure.

Chances of me seeing this in theatres (85% - actually 95% as the ladies in my house are fond of Mr. Pitt)

So there you go - I have a pretty good chance of seeing all three films, but not if I want to stick to my two films a month policy - after all I've got work, school, family and friends who all want a bit of my time and I can't devote it all to movies.

hmmm....

Nope - I'll have to pick two.

No comments:

Post a Comment