Monday, May 20, 2013

Book Review: The Last Colony


So I just finished the third novel in John Scalzi’s Old Man’s War series, and I’ve got to say it was a lot of fun.  Moving away from the sheer shock and awe tactics of the original Old Man’s War, and the dark storyline of The Ghost Brigades, The Last Colony brings us full circle back to the life of James Perry, the main character from the first book.

Like many of my favourite series, Scalzi has allowed Perry to grow and change between novels, so although he is still recognizable from the first book, his character and the story have changed since the last time we saw him.

As Old Man’s War does better the less you know about it, all I can really say about The Last Colonyis that it nicely ties the series together, it should be read after the other two, and I found it fast paced and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment