Saturday, March 2, 2013

Things I’ve Noticed: Saturday Morning with Bookmonkey


Overall I’d say I’m a pretty organized guy – on a normal day I get up in the morning, do my stuff (which surprisingly has included yoga three times a week for the last half year – who saw that coming?), go to work, come home spend time with my lovely wife and wonderful kids, hit the hay and do it all over again.

But then the weekend comes and my daily schedule gets CRAZY!

Okay, maybe not so crazy it needs capitalization.

Okay, I’ll admit, I tend to schedule out my weekends as well, but I tend to do it with a sort of whimsical abandon.  (if by whimsical abandon you mean - with a precise and clear schedule which lets me do all the things I like to do)

Here’s a small taste of my weekend schedule

Saturday (and yes, every Saturday, even if it’s my Birthday)
5:25am – Wake up, stumble to kitchen, grind beans, make coffee

5:35am – 6:30am play whichever video game is currently incredibly exciting for me, but tedious or too freaky for the ladies in my house (take break to get coffee)

6:30am – 7am – second cup, read, light (and quiet) tidy

7am – 7:45am – hang out with whoever gets up earliest, put together a grocery list

7:45am – 9:15am – get coffee/grocery shop/pick up breakfast – in my house Grocery shopping is Man’s work (or it was until my eldest daughter started coming along), so I hang out with my BFF Mike and grab some coffee at the local Starbucks and then do the weeks shopping, followed by grabbing some baked goods or breakfast sandwiches for the ladies at home.

9:15am – 9:40am – put away the groceries, have breakfast with the family, sincerely wonder why people all over my home town are still sleeping.

9:40am – put together to do list for Saturday and Sunday.

So there you go, a small taste of what a Saturday morning with Bookmonkey is like which only goes to show it’s a special kind of lady who can put up with my kind of crazy – so let me take a moment to say thanks to my lovely wife for putting up with her less than spontaneous husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment