Friday, March 29, 2013

Things I've Noticed: I've Finally Got ahead of Games of Thrones

Back in January I started reading George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, first A Game of Thrones as a book club pick, and then I figured I should try reading a book in the series each month until I caught up with the rest of the Fantasy-genre world.

Having finished the third novel, A Storm of Swords this morning, I've finally got ahead of the television series (which I'm also watching, by the way), so for two glorious days I'll be one book ahead of where the show is.

I'm still working on the second season of the series - no HBO in the Bookmonkey Household - We're more the "Watch each season on DVD as it comes out" type, so although those of you with premium cable packages (or less strict views on what can be downloaded online) will begin to pull ahead of me again until Christmas-ish when season three hits the DVD stores.

How am I liking the books so far?  I'm liking them a lot, actually.  I enjoy the rotating point-of-view and the complex story lines.  Also the continuous cliffhanger endings are a lot of fun too.

Happy Easter, Y'All!

No comments:

Post a Comment