Monday, February 4, 2013

Movie Review: The Amazing Spider-Man

Although it came out last year, I only got around to watching 2012s The Amazing Spider-Man yesterday when my hold came through at my local library.

This was actually the first Marvel film I haven't seen in theatres since... mmmm....Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance a few months earlier.  Wait!  I meant that I hadn't missed a theatrical release Punisher: War Zone two years earlier.

You know, I think I've missed more Marvel films than I had thought.

So here are some quick thoughts regarding The Amazing Sipder-Man:

1) The movie is pretty fun, definitely worth a watch and I liked the various plot and character changes compared to the original Spider-Man trilogy.

2) Considering the original Spider-Man trilogy began ten years earlier - a reboot seemed strange even to my youngest child - who was five when the first Spider-Man film came out.

3) The movie has, hands down, my favourite Stan Lee cameo in any Marvel film to date.

4) Dennis Leary as Captain Stacy was freakin' awesome!

5) I did miss having J. Jonah Jameson in the film.

In the end I think the movie is definitely worth a watch and I'd be happy to see a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment