Monday, September 10, 2012

Why I'm Excited about Revolution



Next Monday (Sept. 17) I’m going to be sitting down to check out what appears to be a show tailor-made for me, NBC’s Revolution.  Taking place in a post-apocalyptic earth 15-years after an event caused all technology to stop, the series follows a family called the Matheson’s (for newcomers to my blog, Richard Matheson is the guy who famously wrote the classic post-apocalyptic story I Am Legend, which was turned into the Vincent Price 1964 film The Last Man on Earth, then the Charlton Heston 1971 filmOmega Man and most recently the 2007 Will Smith film I Am Legend and I’m currently working my way through all his published works).

The show was created by Eric Kripke, who created the CW series Supernatural, which currently rides pretty high on most of my friends I-can’t-belive-bookmonkey-doesn’t-already-watch-this-because-it-is-totally-his-kind-of-thing-list (The sad part is that Supernatural isn’t even at the top of that list) and looks an awful lot like a 2004 science fiction novel called Dies The Fire by S.M. Stirling (which was also pretty great and deserves a review of it’s own here someday).

In the end the first few weeks of September are always like a hyper Christmas for me, full of fancy gifts that I’m sure I’ll play with for years to come, and containing any number of gifts that will surely be broken and forgotten by New Years – I’m just hoping this one post-apocalyptic present may stick around for a while (or at least until I can judge the pilot).

No comments:

Post a Comment