Thursday, August 23, 2012

Things I've Noticed: When I was 35, It was a very good year...


I’m turning thirty-six on Saturday, so as I sit here typing I’m thinking of all the stuff I’ve done in the last 367 days, and overall I’ve done pretty well.
 
I’ve kept up with my blogging; three posts a week every week (over three years now) and although some of them could have been pretty short, they have all continued to let me gush about my favourite genres, and reading and life in general.
 
I’ve completed my first third of Library School (which I bragged about here)
 
I examined the trend of re-imagining in Horror cinema
 
I got to go to the Alberta Library Conference.
 
I found my favourite Horror Comedy of the last seven years (since Shawn of the Dead)
 
I got to spend the day before their birthday with both of my kids for the first time in six years.
 
I found my favourite Horror video-game since Resident Evil 2 back in 1998
 
And most importantly I got to spend another year married to the nicest lady I’ve ever met.
 
Man, if 35 was this awesome – I can’t wait to see 36!

No comments:

Post a Comment