Sunday, May 6, 2012

Movie Review: Real Steel

Yesterday my wife and I decided to check out the Hugh Jackman robot fighting film, Real Steel, based off the short story Steel by Richard Matheson.


Although the film has a significant science fiction element (giant fighting robots), I would actually consider it a cross between two Sylvester Stallone films, Rocky (1976) and Over The Top (1987), and for the record, I really liked both of those films.


The movie focuses on Charlie and Max Kenton (played by Hugh Jackman and Dakota Goyo) as an estranged father and son involved in the world of robot boxing.


It's a lot of fun; the fight scenes are great, the human drama is engaging and it felt both futuristic and quite contemporary in theme.


Although definitely a guy movie, I think it is well worth the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment