Friday, September 30, 2011

From the Desk of Bookmonkey


As my next month of posting will be focusing on recent re-imaginings of the horror films I grew up with, I thought I would take my last post to fill you in on my what to expect when things return to normal in November:

1) I should have a whole new bunch of books to review – the one I’m most excited about? Shock Value: How a few eccentric outsiders gave us nightmares, conquered Hollywood, and invented modern horror, by Jason Zinoman. The book focuses on the horror genre in film throughout the ‘70s, and as any number of my favourite horror films were made in that decade it has me pretty excited!

2) Although I won’t have many “First Impressions” posts regarding the new genre television shows (Terra Nova is actually the only one that comes to mind right now, and I’m not hearing a lot of great stuff about it), I will be taking a look at a number of my favourite genre shows growing up.

Hope you have a great weekend, and be sure to check back all next month as I review the recent reimagining of horror.
Bookmonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment