Friday, July 1, 2011

Things I've Noticed: Sometimes I speak too soon

Happy Canada Day everyone! (for those of you South of the boarder, that means we get Friday rather than Monday off this weekend).

A couple weeks ago I gave my first impressions of the PS3 Game Assasins Crreed. I used phrases like "cut-scenes that go on forever," a "Bizarre game-within-a-game set-up," and finally an open-ended style that was "so vague" it came off as unhelpful.

Now, a couple weeks later and just about halfway through the game I'd like to re-address these issues.

First: Sorry - I spoke too soon and as my playing style (a couple hours each Saturday and Sunday) limits the amount of time I'm playing any game, I found it hard to get involved with the story. Four weeks into the game and I'm actually having a lot of fun.

Second: The open ended nature of the game, although difficult to figure out at first, gets to be a lot more fun as I start exploring the cities throughout the game. Basically you begin by climbing to the high spots throughout the city, then look around and get a bunch of mini-missions to do - the more mini-missions completed the better a chance you have at assassinating the bad guy in each level. Once the game got rolling I found this to be a lot of fun.

Finally: I'm still not a big fan of the game-within-a-game structure, every once in a while the character wakes up, is able to view two scientists argue and then goes to bed. Seriously, although you can wander around the lab, and occasionally read some emails or find a secret code, there isn't really a lot to this aspect of the game (so far - see I can learn!)

Anyway, almost immediately after my first review the game started to be a lot of fun, and in the spirit of all Canadians everywhere, I'd just like to say - sorry.

Happy Canada Day Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment