Sunday, May 8, 2011

Movie Review: Thor

So my family just got back from taking my wife out to her Mother's Day film pic - Thor, directed by Kenneth Brannagh.

First of all, let me state that my wife is pretty awesome for wanting to go see this movie, although to be fair I'm sure it was for the eye candy more than it was to see the Mighty Thor in action.

The movie itself was a lot of fun, think of a lot of high action and drama - like a soap opera of the Gods mixed with some good old fashion fight sequences. I was also impressed by all of the fish-out-of-water humour reflecting Thor's interaction with regular folk on Earth.

I was also pretty happy with the cameo by an upcoming Avenger and thought the music (by Patrick Doyle) was outstanding. In the end the film was well-acted (especially by Chris Hemsworth as the lead), had a nice story and was a lot of fun. Also it used many ideas and concepts I enjoyed in both the Simonson and Straczynski (who co-wrote the story) runs.

I heartily recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. My family watched this over the weekend as well ... I thought it was pretty funny especially when Thor first lands on Earth :-)

    ReplyDelete