Sunday, November 21, 2010

Movie Review: Megamind

Yesterday my BFF Mike and I went to a matinee showing of Megamind, the (relatively) new animated super-hero film from Dreamworks, and I've got to say I had a pretty good time.

Although the movie did cover a lot of the same ground as Despicable Me, it went in it's own direction, and I had a lot of fun.

From a Super-Hero fan point of view, there were a number of nods towards Superman (included a Marlon Brando as Jor-El inspired bit of costuming) and I guess megamind would be closest to the character Brainiac from DC comics.

All the voice acting was great and the animation looked a lot like Monsters vs. Aliens (which I enjoyed a lot last year).

Next up for me in the theatre front will probably be The Tempest as I really loved the director's previous Shakespeare adaptation Titus and I'm always on the lookout for new fantasy films.

No comments:

Post a Comment