Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Twilight of Bookmonkey: Day Twenty-Six

I spent today listening to the soundtrack to New Moon, and divorcing it from the film – I’ve got to say that it is pretty good. It starts with the tune Meet Me On The Equinox by Death Cab for Cutie, which is a fun, moody start to the album. Although many of the songs on this disc are slower or darker than those in the soundtrack to the first album it is a lot of fun.

Also – the final song, a theme from the film’s score is simply called New Moon (The Meadow) and really blew me away, as much as I hated the score to Twilight, I’ve got to say the stuff done by French composer Alexandre Desplat is complicated and in Bella’s words “Kinda beautiful.”

With one more post dedicated to my month of Twilight, I’ve got to say that hands down the soundtrack have been the best part of this experience, as they both seriously impressed me, and I’ll definitely be checking out the soundtracks for the remaining films.

No comments:

Post a Comment