Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Twilight of Bookmonkey: Day Thirteen

Today I can honestly say that at least one day of my month of Twilight has not been for naught (originally I was going to say it had not been in vain, but I have a pretty low tolerance for puns in my blog). While spending my day at work yesterday, I had the soundtrack for the first Twilight movie playing in the background and I’ve got to say it is pretty great.

As I said in my last post, I’m a pretty big MUSE fan (I first came across them when my wife played their tune Take a Bow for me about half a year before it came out in the Watchmen trailer) and saw them in concert earlier this year, so the fact that the album starts with one of their songs is great. The rest of the album moves between poppy tunes, slow tunes and even a song I started humming along with that turned out to have been sung by Twilight star Robert Pattinson – yup, that dude can sing.

If you take nothing else from my blogs this month, at the very least take the time to check out the soundtracks, which I’ve heard only get better and better.

Book-wise, I’m nearing the end of the first part of Breaking Dawn, so the end is in sight. The end of Eclipse let me know who the heck Bree Tanner is, and as her appearance happens to be one of the scariest/saddest parts of the series so far I can honestly say I’m kind of looking forward to the final novella in the series as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment