Thursday, September 9, 2010

Things I've noticed: There are a lot of cool doors in genre stories

Right now I'm reading the latest Bram Stoker award winner for Best Horror Novel, Audrey's Door, written by Sarah Langan, which basically follows a nice, but flawed girl as she moves into a suspiciously perfect appartment in New York City and is told by voices in her dreams to build a door.

Over the years I've come across a lot of doors in genre film and fiction, whether being sealed by blood, broken through by Jack or hiding in a refrigerator, genre stories seemed packed with doors that lead to strange or terrifying places.

This got me thinking of my favourite doors in genre works - check 'em out, first person to get them all wins my admiration (and bragging rights).

5.

4.
3.

2.

1.

2 comments:

  1. The only one I recognized was #5. That was from ST: TNG wasn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week later and here are the answers

    #5: The Holodeck, Star Trek the next generation
    #4: The Stargate, Stargate (Film and TV Series)
    #3: The Wardrobe, From the Chronicles of Narnia
    #2: Door, a character from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere
    #1: The interdimensional doors from Stephen King's Dark Tower Series

    ReplyDelete