Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

It's kind of funny, but when I think back to my earliest roots in Fantasy, Horror, and Science Fiction, I realize that a lot of my memories of shows that effected me involve my Mom. First movie she ever took me to: Star Wars, first SF show I can remember watching - Doctor Who (first Tom Baker and later Peter Davison), on Saturday nights on PBS. When I think back to the horror movies I watched as a kid - I can't believe she let me get away with watching them, but if she hadn't this blog might be focused on textbooks or documentaries, or parliamentary procedure*.

So for starting me on my journey as a lover of genre fiction - Thanks Mom!

*For the one reader out there who loves Documentaries about parliamentary procedure and works on textbooks for a living - I'm sorry I used your interests and career as an example of how bad my blog could be in some alternate world. Feel free to make fun of my blog at your next Textbook conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment