Friday, January 22, 2010

Things I've Noticed: Friends can be an awesome resource

Last year I did a review of the Guillermo Del Toro book The Strain, and in that review I mentioned how I came across the book in a grocery store, and had in fact never even knew it existed before that.

Earlier this week my wife suggested to me that I might like to check out a show on the Discovery Channel called, The Colony (Pictured above). Here's the basic premise - 10 people are put through one of the ultimate "What if?" scenarios. What if a massive virus had swept the world and using only your own skills, you had to survive?

Wow. They might as well have called it "Hey Bookmonkey! Look over here! Awesome Post-Apocalyptic concept going on!" Anyway, I'll give a review of the series after I've watched it all.

Today I want to take a moment and thank my friends and family for the books and shows I now love that I probably wouldn't have checked out if it wasn't for them. Whether it was a book I would have dismissed as too girly (The Girl Who Owned a City), or a remake of a TV show I wasn't a big fan of in the first place (Battlestar Galactica), my friends have helped me find all sorts of great stuff over the years and I just wanted to acknowledge their help.

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment